Ask Lou: June 2012
Q: Are u excited about doing Calamity Jane? When will you begin rehearsing
and all for this? Love you and miss you. - Diane and terry C.
• It is great to hear from my two dear friends, Diane and Terry. I go out to California in the middle of this month to start rehearsals. I'm so very excited and yet just a tad bit nervous.
Q: Have you ever been starstruck by anyone? - Cari H.
• Cari, I have been star struck many times, but out of all the great entertainers and actors I have met my most memorable moment was meeting Charlton Heston at a charity event I was doing for Boy Scouts. He was an amazing man that will always be missed.
Q: Hi Louise, Do you consider yourself a morning person, or are you more energized in the
afternoon? Also, do you have a "pet peeve"? - Leslie
• I most definitely consider myself a morning person. Actually, one of those silly, fun, irritating, get on everyone's last nerve morning people. I do have something that bothers me that is a four letter word:
LAZY. No one in my family is allowed to be lazy! There is always something to do either for yourself or someone else who could use some help.
Q: What are your favorite movies of all time? - Jeff L.
• Jeff, I love the movies almost as much as candy and popcorn. My favorite
musicals are Sound of Music, Mary Poppins and of course Calamity Jane. I love
Doris Day in Calamity Jane. My favorite comedy is anything with Steve Martin or
Tim Allen. My favorite love story is Pretty Woman and Overboard, because they
both still make you laugh and in a real love story you need to be able to laugh.
Q: Hi Louise, Do you think you might tour with Calamity Jane? - Jim R.
• Jim, I am not taking any more road dates after Calamity due to my husband's
health. If you get a chance come see me in California.
Q: how have you been able to stay grounded, sincere and true to yourself, your
family and your fans? - Mary H.
• Mary, Thank you for the huge compliment. I have three Kelly's and two
sisters that keep me grounded. You can count on loved ones to celebrate with you,
grieve with you, and correct you! I'm very blessed.
Q: I am thrilled that we will finally get to see Calamity Jane. What about
the character "Calamity Jane" do you find most interesting? - Sherry S.
• Hey Sherry, I'm so glad that I am going to see you in CA. I would say that
with all of Calamity's faults like never being wrong and being careless with
the truth, she still spends every moment trying to help others.
Q: Can't wait for Calamity Jane! I'm sure you'll be great! There must be a lot to
doing a show like this. What aspect of doing the show are you the most excited about? - Cindy H.
• Cindy, the thing I am most excited about is stepping out of my comfort zone and challenging myself as a truly unusual character, Calamity Jane. It is a very funny and physical role.
Q I LOVE Baby Bobbie Sue, how absolutely adorable! I cannot wait to see her first
outfit. Which occasion will you be dressing her for first? - L. Wehman
• L. Wehman, Just wait until you see Bobbie Sue in her Calamity Jane costume!
When we get to CA I will post a picture.